Schlesinger, West Point, and more
Jan 14, 2008, Vol. 13, No. 17
Send to Kindle
Get alerts when there is a new article that might interest you.
I know from personal experience that if you use CFLs in a humid environment, like a bathroom or near a cooking area, there is a high likelihood a CFL will short out. However, unlike an incandescent bulb, where a broken filament acts as an off-switch to the current, a shorted-out CFL can start to burn. In my case, smoke started pouring out of the CFL bulb. Had I not been there to immediately turn off the switch it would probably have started a fire and/or caused dangerous gases to be released into my home.
This is another example of why no good law is worth rushing through Congress.
Type in your email
What Did You Miss?