The Blog

Cain Denies Harassment Allegations in TV Interviews

8:53 PM, Oct 31, 2011 • By MICHAEL WARREN
Widget tooltip
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

On Monday morning, Cain appeared at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington to discuss his 9-9-9 tax plan. Although a question from ABC's Jonathan Karl about the harassment allegations, Cain did not respond. At the same time, campaign chief of staff Mark Block appeared on MSNBC and denied the allegation, saying Cain "never sexually harassed anybody."

Shortly after his event at AEI, Cain appeared on Fox News to deny the charges. "I have never sexually harassed anyone," he said, while also admitting for the first time since the story broke that he had been accused of sexual harassment in the past.

"I was falsely accused while I was at the National Restaurant Association," Cain said. "It turned out after the investigation to be baseless." He reiterated this point while speaking at a lunch at the National Press Club in Washington this afternoon. "There is nothing else to dig up," he said, also saying he did not know about the supposed settlements the association had made with the accusers.

Cain's TV interviews tonight show that, at best, he was not informed of the settlements until appearing or, at worst, he lied about not knowing about the settlements before his interviews with van Susteren and Woodruff.

Recent Blog Posts