On the 100 day anniversary that Obamacare became law, which was Wednesday, Senators Coburn and Barrasso passed around a memo reminding folks that the law isn't actually good for America:
· Fact: Sixteen million Americans are forced into Medicaid – a program that denies care, has higher rates of infant mortality, and yields poorer health outcomes for patients.
· Fact: Citizens will be forced to purchase costlier health insurance or pay a tax, but illegal immigrants will continue to get free care and those costs will be shifted onto citizens.
· Fact: The individual mandate will fail with the IRS as the health care enforcer, but uninsured Americans will be considered violators of the law even as costs increase further.
· Fact: Millions of Americans will lose their current health plan as employers either drop coverage or purchase more expensive, government-dictated health insurance.
· Fact: Patients with pre-existing conditions still face care restrictions, since the new federal risk pool is seriously underfunded and will offer coverage months after required by the new law.
· Fact: The new health law increases the cost of health care.
The full report can be found here. Also, be sure to check out what Senator Barrasso told Stephen F. Hayes, when the two discussed the recess appointment of Donald Berwick.