Republican Talking Points
10:46 AM, Aug 27, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER
Surrogate Message Points:
2012 Republican National Convention – A Better Future
Top Line Message Points:
· For four days, we will drive stories that will set the coming election in context -- both thematically and through compelling, real-life examples and through powerful, dynamic speakers.
o Overall Theme: A Better Future
§ Monday -- We Can Do Better
§ Tuesday -- We Built It
§ Wednesday -- We Can Change It
§ Thursday – We Believe in America
· The Republican Convention gives us an opportunity to present the American people with a clear contrast between the failed policies of Barack Obama and Governor Romney’s vision for a better future.
· The American people demand and deserve better, and we cannot allow President Obama to continue to run away from, or distract the American people from, his failed policies. The President’s failures have resulted in:
o High unemployment
o Lower take-home pay
o The weakest economic recovery since the Great Depression.
· In contrast to President Obama, we will advance specific polices that Governor Romney and Paul Ryan will implement to grow our economy, help businesses create more jobs and let American families keep more of what they earn.
· Governor Romney is uniquely qualified to be president at this critical time in our nation’s history.
o Family, the organizing principle of his life -- devoted and loving husband and father
o Business career -- Bain and the businesses he saved and jobs he created – adefender of free enterprise
o Public service – Governor of Massachusetts, rescuer of the Olympics
o Faith – integral to his life
· Unprecedented ways to deliver our message and connect with tens of millions of Americans watching each night on television and countless others participating online:
o The podium/Stage, with its 13 LED screens, will provide maximum flexibility to enhance the program with live-stream videos, social network feeds, and panoramic and collage images. The screens allow the stage to be transformed into a factory floor or a Midwest farm.
o Convention Without Walls will utilize multiple social media platforms in ways no convention has ever before attempted in order to create community, engage with Americans and amplify the themes and messages from the convention.
§ Americans across the country and around the globe (working mothers in the Midwest and soldiers stationed overseas alike) will be able to share in the convention experience – unfiltered, uninterrupted and free of charge.
· From the convention, we expect:
o a renewed enthusiasm among supporters and important constituencies
o new opportunities to draw support from target communities
o upward movement in the polls
· Gov. Mitt Romney and Congressman Ryan will be nominated during the 40th Republican National Convention at the Tampa Bay Times Forum, August 27-30.
· The Republican Convention will host 2,286 delegates and 2,125 alternate delegates from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and five U.S. territories.
Recent Blog Posts