According to the campaign, Mitt Romney raised $170 million in September alone. That dollar figure includes money raised by the Republican National Committee and various state parties.
From the Romney campaign:
Today, Romney for President, Romney Victory, and the Republican National Committee announced fundraising totals of over $170.4 million in September. The campaign, RNC and state party participants have approximately $191 million cash on hand. ...
FAST FACTS About Romney For President, Romney Victory, and RNC Fundraising:
· Over $170.48 Million Raised In September
· 93.1% Of All Donations Received In September Were $250 Or Less
· $43.15 Million Raised By Donations Under $250 In September
· 1,011,773 Donations Received Under $250 In September
· Approximately $191.23 Million Cash On Hand
· Contributions Received From All 50 States And Washington, D.C.
In that same time period, President Obama and the Democrats raised an impressive $181 million.