If you are a heroin addict in New York, and you want to learn how to shoot up “safely,” there’s a free flier, “Take Charge, Take Care,” produced on the taxpayers’ dime by the health department of the City of New York that will come in handy. Tip #6: Take Care of Your Veins:
- Shoot correctly to avoid infection and collapsed veins.
- Don’t blunt your needle by poking a hole in your sterile water container.
- Warm your body (jump up and down) to show your veins.
- Find the vein before you try to inject. Tie off to make your veins visible.
- Don’t “dig” for veins. If you don’t “register,” pull out and try again.
- Don’t always inject in the same spot.
- Only “boot” once or twice in one shot.
If you are an atheist incarcerated for raping up to 40 women in Manchester, England, and your cellmate is a Christian who won’t “shut up about God,” you can get him transferred to another cell by demanding to speak to a lawyer about your rights.
And, if you are a little boy traveling with your family on the way home from visiting your grandmother, you’d best keep your own counsels or the TSA could profile you and confiscate your Play-Doh.