On the 100 day anniversary that Obamacare became law, which was Wednesday, Senators Coburn and Barrasso passed around a memo reminding folks that the law isn't actually good for America:
· Fact: Sixteen million Americans are forced into Medicaid – a program that denies care, has higher rates of infant mortality, and yields poorer health outcomes for patients.
· Fact: Citizens will be forced to purchase costlier health insurance or pay a tax, but illegal immigrants will continue to get free care and those costs will be shifted onto citizens.
· Fact: The individual mandate will fail with the IRS as the health care enforcer, but uninsured Americans will be considered violators of the law even as costs increase further.
· Fact: Millions of Americans will lose their current health plan as employers either drop coverage or purchase more expensive, government-dictated health insurance.
· Fact: Patients with pre-existing conditions still face care restrictions, since the new federal risk pool is seriously underfunded and will offer coverage months after required by the new law.
· Fact: The new health law increases the cost of health care.