"Iranian President Hassan Rouhani is on a charm offensive. But the real Rouhani is no moderate. He is a career terrorist with American blood on his hands," reads the website, which has been created the Emergency Committee for Israel.
And it highlights some of Rouhani's troubling traits:
1. Rouhani’s government held a military parade in Tehran this weekend featuring missiles emblazoned with the slogans “Death to America” and “Death to Israel.” (The Washington Free Beacon, 09/23/13)
2. Rouhani in a campaign speech on May 8th, 2013: “Saying ‘Death to America’ is easy. We need to express ‘Death to America’ with action.” (The Wall Street Journal, 08/07/13)
3. Rouhani previously said: “We recognize Israel as a terrorist nation.” (ABC News, 09/12/02)
4. Rouhani picked as his defense minister one of the plotters of the 1983 U.S. Marine barracks bombing in Beirut that killed 241 Americans. (The Washington Times, 08/13/13)
5. In a speech to Iranian clerics only weeks ago, he said: “Our government will not give up one iota of its absolute rights on the nuclear issue.” (YNet News, 09/10/13)
In 2006, Rouhani boasted in a private speech in Iran of misleading the West over Iran’s nuclear program. According to the New York Times: “In a remarkable admission, Mr. Rowhani suggested in his speech that Iran had used the negotiations with the Europeans to dupe them. He boasted that while negotiations were continuing, Iran managed to master a key stage in the nuclear fuel process — the conversion of uranium yellowcake at its Isfahan plant. ‘While we were talking with the Europeans in Tehran, we were installing equipment in parts of the facility in Isfahan, but we still had a long way to go to complete the project,’ he said. ‘In fact, by creating a calm environment, we were able to complete the work on Isfahan.’” (The New York Times, 03/14/06)
6. In 2003, when Rouhani was Iran’s head nuclear negotiator, he baldly lied to European negotiators about Iran’s nuclear program. He promised that Iran was fully cooperating with IAEA monitoring of its nuclear program while Iran was in fact clandestinely enriching uranium. (American Enterprise Institute, 06/18/13)
7. Aside from Russia, Iran has been the biggest political and military supporter of the Assad regime in Syria, throughout the war supplying Assad’s military with weapons, money, training, and fighters. Assad’s chemical attack occurred while Rouhani was president of Iran. (The New York Times, 09/04/12)
8. Iran ordered its Lebanese-based terrorist ally Hezbollah into Syria to help Assad more efficiently kill his own people.
(The New York Times, 08/17/13)
Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah set up a joint command to violently suppress the uprising against the Assad regime. (The Times of Israel, 09/07/13)
9. “Rohani…chaired Iran’s National Security Council between 1989 and 2005, meaning he was at the top table when Iran masterminded the 1994 bombing of the Jewish cultural center in Buenos Aires, killing 85 people, and of the Khobar Towers in 1996, killing 19 U.S. airmen.” (The Wall Street Journal, 06/17/13)
10. “Mr. Rohani led the crackdown on a 1999 student uprising…As Mr. Rohani said at a pro-regime rally in July 1999: ‘At dusk yesterday we received a decisive revolutionary order to crush mercilessly and monumentally any move of these opportunist elements wherever it may occur.’” (The Wall Street Journal, June 13, 2013)