The Blog

Reading TWS in Tehran

9:20 AM, Dec 13, 2011 • By DANIEL HALPER
Widget tooltip
Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

The Iranian regime recently responded to a WEEKLY STANDARD blog post. "Last week the Weekly Standard magazine reported that a Washington district court has alleged that both Iran and Sudan were culpable for the al-Qaeda's 1998 embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania," the Iranian regime's official press outlet, Fars News, says in reference to a blog post by Tom Joscelyn.

The report continues: "In Reply, Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehman-Parast said in a statement that 'the baseless accusation is another scenario designed by the US administration against Iran.' ... The new claims came two months after FBI and DEA agents made similar baseless claims without presenting any proof, alleging that they have disrupted an Iranian plot to commit a 'significant terrorist act in the United States."  

In other news, Iranian interpol is demanding the arrest of TWS contributing editor Reuel Marc Gerecht and General Jack Keane (ret.). Again, via the regime's official press outlet, Fars News

Recent Blog Posts

The Weekly Standard Archives

Browse 15 Years of the Weekly Standard

Old covers