A little scare at the White House this morning, via the pool report:
Reporters and photographers were evacuated from the WH just after 7 a.m. Saturday because of a smoke odor. All have now returned to the building — and things are back to normal.
Details from a White House Official:
“Early this am, an electrical transformer near the West Wing malfunctioned and set off a smoke alarm in the West Wing. The transformer problem was quickly resolved. Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal. The First Family was unaffected.”